Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lily and Santa

Shawn and I tried to take Lily to see Santa the Monday afternoon before Christmas. I thought if I picked her up from the sitter, came home and fed her real quick, changed her into her Christmas outfit and ran to the mall, that we would miss the crowd. Boy was I wrong. You can tell I'm a new mom. Not experienced with all the mom stuff yet. Next year I will know. Anyway, we ended up not standing in line that night because it was WAY too long. As we were leaving the line, my eyes welled up with tears because I thought Lily was not going to get her picture with Santa her very first Christmas. So I devised a plan to get up early on Christmas Eve and be the first in line to see Santa. I found out that Santa got to the mall at 8:00 am, so I planned on getting to the mall at 7:00 am, just to make sure we were first. Claire and Katie both got up and came with us. We were the first. Even if we would've got there at 8:00 we wouldn't have had to wait long. That was really a pretty good time to go. Might do that again next year. Lily was in a real good mood while we were waiting for Santa to get there. When she finallly got to see Santa, I think she was tired. She didn't smile once. She kinda had that blank look on her face. All in all, it was fun. I was glad she got to see him.


While we were waiting.



Lily with Santa.

1 comment:

sdhorton said...

We went in November because there was no line.

About Us

After eleven years of just the two of us, a third was finally added on August 14th, 2008!! Lily Brae is the newest addition to our family. We are so excited about her arrival!!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers