Friday, August 29, 2008

Lily is here!!!




On August 14th, 2008 we finally had our little Lily girl. I went a week over my due date. We thought she would never get here. After going a week over, my doctor finally scheduled me to be induced. We went in at 6:00 am on that Thursday morning. I ended up being in labor for 13 hours and then my doctor decided that a C-section was necessary. Both mine and Shawn's families were at the hospital for almost the entire time. Everyone was so excited about her arrival. She was finally born at 8:57 that night. She was 8 lbs. 4 oz. and she was 20 1/4 inches long. Everything went really well with the delivery. Shawn was a terrific coach. He did awesome. I'm so blessed to have him.

After Lily was born, everyone came into the room just long enough to hold her and then left us to get a good nights rest, since it was sooooo late. We had had a long day. I slept really good that night, thanks to the drugs, but I don't think Shawn slept much. We didn't get moved into our recovery room until around 1:30 am, so Shawn didn't have a bed to sleep in until then.
He was a good sport, though.

No comments:

About Us

After eleven years of just the two of us, a third was finally added on August 14th, 2008!! Lily Brae is the newest addition to our family. We are so excited about her arrival!!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers