Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lily laughed

Yesterday, I had one of those days where I felt like it was all I could do to move. I was exhausted. I had had a long, busy weekend. I felt like I hadn't stopped moving in days. I was just going through the bedtime routine motions trying to get to bed. I had Lily on her changing table changing her diaper and her daddy was playing with her. You know....kissing her and acting like he was eating her neck. And....she laughed. She has been smiling real big in the past when he does this, but this time she laughed out loud, several times. It was the most wonderful thing I have ever heard. I have been waiting for her to do this, and when she finally did, it was better than I even imagined it would be. Needless to say, I forgot about how bad I was feeling. That laugh put a smile on my face and in my heart. It even brought a tear to my eye. She's amazing!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally cried when I read this tonight. I can only imagine how awesome that was, and she knew the right time to do it.

sdhorton said...

Awww! I know you were looking forward to that and glad you got to experience it. I know Nash usually laughs more when I play rough with him. He thinks it's funny. I bet Lily will be laughing more now.

The Ekenseairs said...

Oh Sarah!!
I know this was the best day for you!! I know how good that makes a mom feel!!! I can't wait to hold that precious baby!!!

About Us

After eleven years of just the two of us, a third was finally added on August 14th, 2008!! Lily Brae is the newest addition to our family. We are so excited about her arrival!!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers